Below you can find projects I’ve been working on.
- Wrath of Loki – adventure game in VR, released 1st September 2016 in Oculus Store. Since November 2017 it’s also available on Steam.
I designed gameplay and backstory for this project. It’s an adventure hidden object game, where you play Thor who has to defeat raging Loki. You visit immersive 360 degrees locations in epic Asgaard, solve puzzles and mini games in order to win.
Wrath of Loki got Best VR Game and Most Innovative Game awards at Casual Connect conference in Tel Aviv in November 2016.
I’m currently working on the second part of ‘Wrath of Loki’, creating more content and puzzles!
- Eventide: Slavic Fable, released November 2015 for PC and January 2016 for mobile platforms.
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game (5 hours of gameplay). I am credited as text writer and game designer. I designed about 2 hours of gameplay consisting of logical puzzles, mini games, hidden object scenes etc. I designed story arc and whole gameplay for 1 hour bonus adventure for this game. The game can be purchased here.
My blog post here.
- Eventide 2: Sorcerer’s Mirror (second part of the Eventide series, released October 2016 for PC and mobile platforms)
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game (5 hours of gameplay). I am responsible for the story arc and gameplay of the entire game (Lead Designer). You can buy it in Google Play Store, App Store, and on Steam.
Review of the game can be found here.
- Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends (third part of the Eventide series, released September 2017 for PC and mobile platforms)
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game (4 hours of gameplay). I designed story line and tweaked and polished most of the gameplay (Lead Designer). You can buy it in Google Play Store, App Store, and on Steam. It has received Mobile Game of the Year award during Polish Mobility Trends gala.
- Fairy Tale Detective (Detektyw Bajek) – Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game created for Centrum Bajki (Fairy Tale Museum) in Pacanów, Poland. Released Autumn 2017. I wrote main storyline, all dialogue and all fairy tale poems in the game (all in Polish!). I helped to design Hidden Object Scenes and some of the puzzles.
- Brick Bounce: Hamster Edition, released June 2015. Simple arcanoid-like game for mobiles. I did level design here. It’s available in Google Play, AppStore and on The House of Fables website: http://www.thehouseoffables.com/games/hamster/
(information in the links is in Polish, but I try to present as much as I can about the projects here):
- Role-playing games: Ideefixe
I was a part of testing team for Polish RPG tabletop game “Ideefixe”. I contributed to the mechanics and concepts of this near-future cyberpunk game set in Poland 2045. Game was released in August 2013.
Website of the project (in Polish): http://ideefixe-rpg.pl/
- Tourism: motorcycle trips
In 2014 I went on a motorcycle trip in Central Asia – two and a half month and 20 thousand kilometres through fascinating and little known countries such as Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan etc.
Website of the project (in Polish): http://www.silkroadadventure.pl/
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/SilkRoadAdventure/
Since 2000 till 2005 I wrote regularly for TEATR magazine: a renown Polish monthly theatre magazine. I wrote reviews of theatre performances and festivals and hosted interviews with actors and directors. The list of my reviews is here: http://www.teatr-pismo.pl/bibliografia/index.php?form_text=Katarzyna+Michalak